As a Project Coordinator working in our construction department, you will work closely with our management team to provide support for a range of construction management services throughout the design, estimate phase, construction phase, and post construction phase. As a Project Coordinator at Spire Construction you will be required to be knowledgeable in different types of construction and able to analyze items from multiple perspectives. As a member of the construction department your ability to work cohesively with your team and the development department is an asset.
Spire Construction is actively involved in projects for commercial, light industrial, and multi-family construction up to $70 million.
- Min post-Secondary Education Diploma.
- Interest in working towards Gold Seal or PMP certification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction drawings, documents, and specifications.
- Two years of experience in construction is preferred.
- Multi-family, commercial, and/or light industrial construction experience is preferred. Spire is actively working on development projects involving all building types.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Project, Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Assist in preparation prime contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Ability to construct detailed project schedules with some assistance from the project manager.
- Ability to review/interpret Drawings/specifications for the purpose of accurately reviewing submittals, and answering RFI’s.
- Identify risk issues/ cost saving opportunities and their order of magnitude.
- Prepares Scopes of Work for subcontractors and suppliers for the purpose of directing estimates and preparing contracts.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance when representing the Company.
- Excellent organizational skills; have the ability to time manage and meet multiple tasks in an organized fashion.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- A passion for project management excellence and service delivery.
- Attention to detail.
- Lead – Lead by example, mentor
- Do Whatever it Takes – Achieve milestones using the company’s resources
- Honour Relationships – Client / Co-workers / Trades / Self / Family
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Newly renovated head office in Delta with large employee lounge.
- Team building events occurring regularly.
- We offer an exceptional work environment where you have great independence in your job
- High growth environment based on quality and reputation
- Work directly with the ownership as head office right here in BC, meaning you truly impact the business vs. a branch office feel
- We are practical, down-to-earth and non-bureaucratic – if you enjoy working in a dynamic, nimble environment, where your ideas are listened to, this is the job for you
- Only client-focused, entrepreneurial-minded professionals need to apply