As a Project Manager working in our construction department, you will work closely with our clients and provide a range of construction management services throughout the design, estimate phase, construction phase, and post construction phase. As a Project Manager at Spire Development you will be required to be knowledgeable in different types of construction and able to analyze items from multiple perspectives. As a member of the construction department your ability to work cohesively with your team and the development department is an asset.
Spire Development is actively involved in projects for commercial, light industrial, and multi-family construction up to $70 million.
- Min post-Secondary Education Technical Diploma.
- Working knowledge of construction drawings, documents and specifications.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience in construction.
- Experience managing construction projects in commercial, and light industrial up to $10 million.
- Is technologically advanced in Microsoft Office applications including Project, Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Experience working with construction management software.
- Ability to project construction cost and identify potential cost overruns during the construction process.
- Responsible for accurate and complete prime contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Responsible for constructing accurate and complete project schedules and revising them as required to ensure thy are accurate at all times during and after the project is complete.
- Responsible for accurate and complete review of Drawings, submittals, and RFI’s.
- Clear and formal identification of contract amount and immediate notification of changes to the budget & schedule.
- Understand scope of work and perform general budgeting functions if required.
- Identify risk issues/ cost saving opportunities and their order of magnitude.
- Prepares Scopes of Work for subcontractors and suppliers for the purpose of directing estimates and preparing contracts.
- Strong ability and willingness to manage Pre-Construction and subcontract bid analysis.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance when representing the Company.
- Excellent organizational skills; have the ability to time manage and meet multiple tasks in an organized fashion.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- A passion for project management excellence and service delivery.
- Attention to detail.
- Lead – Lead by example, mentor
- Do Whatever it Takes – Achieve milestones using the company’s resources
- Honour Relationships – Client / Co-workers / Trades / Self / Family
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Newly renovated head office in Delta with large employee lounge.
- Team building events occurring regularly.
- We offer an exceptional work environment where you have great independence in your job, provided you get the job done
- We are practical, down-to-earth and non-bureaucratic. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, nimble environment, where your ideas are listened to, this is the job for you
- Only client-focused, entrepreneurial-minded professionals need to apply